


So one day I happened upon this old fashioned school desk that someone was prepared to just throw away. It was in pretty bad condition, had lots of scrapes, old stickers, and just looked plain awful. I really wish I had thought to take some before pictures because Charlie did a fantastic job of refinishing it. After some sanding and a few coats of varnish...voila...good as new! Sophia loves it and it gives us a place to stash her growing supply of art supplies. We put it right next to our desk and it's been a big hit all morning!
Yesterday we went to the Midwest Kids Fest with Julie, Massimo and Luca. Sophia was ready to take us there herself. This was really the best picture of the day. It was a bit of a nightmare really. There are mostly vendors that moms are really interested in, but kids? Not so much. They did have some bounce houses and a very small petting zoo, but in the end, I'm not sure it was worth it, but at least it passed the morning away while Charlie had to go into work and of course, we got to hang with our friends!
2 comments:
Giggle - I got a new desk too! Sophia and I can play school together (until real school starts in one month!)!
The desk does look nice! I heard about that Kids Fest thing and thought about taking the girls...glad we didn't find the time now! Bummer it was kind of a bust!
Post a Comment