![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |
Sophia and I braved our first road trip together! Since we had yet to make it to St. Louis in the year that Kathleen and family have been back there we set a goal to get there this summer. Kathleen is also pregnant, due with a baby boy at the end of October, so the window for both of us was rapidly closing! We left at 5am Monday morning and arrived in time to have some fun before nap time! We left St. Louis at 6pm Wednesday evening and let me tell you what, we had an action packed, jam packed 3 days of fun, fun, fun!
The slide show is a brief glimpse of our time together, and did you really expect me to pare it down more than that! I thought that 32 pictures over 3 days really was pretty good! ;) On Monday we hit The Magic House, a local children's museum, where I think we only managed to see about a third of it before it was time to go! Tuesday we went to the zoo and had perfect weather while we visited many animals. It was actually Sophia's first zoo experience and it was a lot of fun. She really loved the bears and sea lions the best. Wednesday, due to rain, we hit the science center where they had an absolutely FABulous children's play room. Sophia was fascinated by the magnets and experimented with them for quite a while. Kathleen and I only managed to get frozen custard once, but it was worth it!
Lily and Kathleen were great hostesses and we had so much fun. Although I didn't see too much of Carl due to his work schedule, it was nice to catch up with him and because our time was limited so was his mocking! ;) We miss them so much already and Sophia has already talked to them many times on her play phone. I hope to be able to spend more time together soon, and with our second babies being born at the same time, I look forward to more fun times in our future!

No comments:
Post a Comment