![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |
It's berry season again! This year we picked a much nicer day for berry picking. We had a full crowd and were lucky enough that Grandma Sue was on vacation and joined us with Julie. All her farm experience growing up really put her at an advantage for getting those blueberries! She had quite a bucketful at the end and even had Sophia and Julie for helpers a lot of the morning! I was impressed with my almost 2.5 lbs of blueberries, but I must admit, mom gave me her stash too, so I didn't do it all on my own! Sophia LOVED this experience and had a delightful time. She probably ate a half pound of blueberries going from bush to bush and that is no lie! At one point I turned around and she was shoving a handful of about 8 berries into her mouth at once! I can't really say how many of those blueberries, were actually ripe, but hey, whatever. After her well deserved nap this afternoon, the first words out of her mouth were, "I want a muffin!" (We had bought some blueberry muffins from the patch.) She then went on to tell me proudly that "I picked blueberry...YUM!" She hasn't stopped talking about it all morning and was just as excited to look through the pictures with me and talk about it all over again! I'll have to whip up some tasty creations with all these berries! Can't wait!
If you're interested...see how much we've changed in a year!

1 comment:
Looks like a lot of fun! I love picking blueberries!
Post a Comment