Whew...so the first two nights with Sophia in her big-girl bed went smashingly! We had given ourselves a deadline of Friday night to put her in the bed, which was a good idea for me, because as you know, I was dragging my feet! Thursday night I had planned to put her in her crib, but Daddy went on a search for Sophia's babies and she and I decided to snuggle in her big bed while we waited. I asked Sophia if she wanted to sleep there or her big girl bed and she said, "I want to sleep right here." Well, that settled it I guess!
The night went fairly well. I stayed with her for a few minutes and then left. Well, it wasn't long before the crying and moaning began. She started calling from her room "I want Mommy in bed!" Well, what self respecting mother could refuse that! ;) I went back in and immediately she pointed to her bed and said, through her tears, "Mommy, lay down!" We snuggled for quite a bit, but really she was just more interested in starting conversations with me and twirling my hair than sleeping, so I told her I was going to go and she should sleep. I got up, gave her kisses and left...and she went to sleep! Success! She did wake up about 10:30 and I went in again and snuggled for a few minutes, then left. She then slept until 6:00, and much to our chagrin, more sleeping was out of the question!
Last night, I tucked her in her big bed and stayed for under 5 minutes. She went right to sleep and didn't wake up until 6. This time, though, she talked to herself for a few minutes and then went back to sleep until about 6:45...woo hoo! For nap time, I took off her shoes, she climbed in bed, rolled over and went to sleep....uh, seriously?! I'll take it!
Maybe our prep work paid off and she'll transition just as easily to this as she has everything else...let's hope so. I'm knocking on wood that the rest of nights this weekend (and to come) go just as smoothly. She's such a good girl and looks so sweet, not to mention tiny, in that big bed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sweet dreams! She is such a big girl.
Post a Comment