Monday, July 27, 2009

Big News...Stop the Presses!

Sophia tinkled on the potty today! Hooray! It was really quite amazing actually. She has been infatuated with the potty for a while now, and has chosen to sit on it quite a number of times, which we encourage, but never has anything actually transpired! We were at Mom's when she said she had to go. Mom put her and on and low-and-behold...tinkle! We celebrated quite a bit and she got the widest, most sweetest smile on her face, she was so proud.

I'm not really sure what this means for the future. I'm not pressing the potty issue, although I can't say it wouldn't be nice. But, we have so many changes going on here lately (and soon to come) that if she wants to go we're going to encourage her, but I don't think I'm to the stage of potty pressure just yet! Plus, I've heard of a lot of kids that regress if they're trained before 2, although I know it's a little different with girls, and I've also heard of regression issues coming about when a new baby is born...so, like I said, we're going to go with the flow (haha!) and see what happens from here, but maybe she liked that taste of success! I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Jill said...

You should buy her some ice cream to celebrate! ;) Just kidding...kinda. That's very cool!