I couldn't really let all those blueberries go to waste! Last year I wasn't motivated enough to actually bake anything, I just ended up eating them plain and I don't even think I managed to freeze any. This year I made a vow to bake, bake, bake! We tried 3 new recipes that I think were all successful. We hope you adventurous bakers our there give some a try!
The first recipe I made was for blueberry oatmeal cookies. They were absolutely delish! Of course, I did add both white chocolate and bittersweet chocolate chips, because let's be real, I don't make cookies unless they have chocolate! The batter was a bit thick and sticky so it was hard to mix all those chips in, I probably will stick to one kind of chip next time. We took them to our 4th of July picnic and they were very well received, but of course, Sophia, Charlie and I had already received them quite well! ;) This was probably my favorite recipe of the lot, but I do have a thing for cookies!
Charlie treated us to some delicious blueberry pancakes one morning! His pancakes look so much better than mine! Sophia gobbled this one right up!
Our next stop: Blueberry Crumb Cake. This made a tasty breakfast cake that wasn't too sweet and had a fabulous crumb topping! The topping was seriously over the top and I loved every bit of it!
Finally, we used up the rest of the berries on some Blueberry Coconut Muffins. I omitted the nuts, because we still aren't really feeding Sophia nuts, and added cherries instead. I also added a touch more coconut and some honey and they turned out very moist and very tasty, indeed! I would have liked to try them with nuts, though, I think they'd be fabulous!
choc-full of berry goodness!
Sophia enjoyed these fresh out of the oven and was quite happy about it! By the way, that's her new "cheese" face...it has varying degrees of goofiness, but it may appear in a lot of pictures to come!I think raspberry season is next, so if I'm not too pregnant and tired by then, I'd like to try my hand at picking and baking those too! Enjoy these tasty recipes and be sure to share others that you may come across! Oh and I sure did find out that I really don't want to be a food photographer...this stuff is hard!!
No comments:
Post a Comment