Well, it seems I haven't posted much about the soon-to-be-newest Hirner...but there really isn't much to post. I guess that's good, right!? Tomorrow marks the official 30 weeks mark! I just returned home from the doctor, I am now going every two weeks, and all is well. The baby's heart rate sounds great, my blood sugar was 84, which is apparently good, and I'm growing at the right rate...all good news! I am so lucky that Sue's schedule is such that it allows me to drop Sophia off during my appointments (and she's close to the Dr.'s office, another bonus). They have some quality time together and I don't have to worry about her little curious hands finding all the no-no's behind every nook and cranny in the office. Sue was even kind enough to keep Sophia for a little extra time tonight so that Charlie and I can have a dinner out with just each other...I can't wait!
Spud is still constantly on the move. His/her most active time is from about 8pm to ???. When I get in bed and lay on my side it actually feels as if this child is standing on the bed and trying to punch through the other side of my belly. Every time I have Charlie feel it he gets this incredulous look on his face and says something like 'Wow that's crazy'! Yes it is and I'm getting more and more anxious to get it out of there! I think we're both so amazed because Sophia absolutely did not move like this. This was about the time she got herself stuck in the breech position as well, and although I'm glad that hasn't happened, I'm seeing the down side of this option as well! ;)
On a more sour note, however, it seems that the terrible rash known as PUPP (some fancy name for pregnancy induced rash) has returned. Although my doctor isn't 100% sure that's what it is, he said it's most likely. This was about the time when I pregnant with Sophia that the ugly thing reared it's head the first time. I had two separate forms of it then, which had to be diagnosed by a dermatologist because my OB hadn't quite seen in such an aggressive form before. Awesome. My doctor did say however, that if I can't keep it under control this time with OTC cortisone, he'll be happy to prescribe me some steroids, that's good news except for the fact that I'll only have to run to the bathroom more times during the day! Ha!
This week has been dedicated to finishing up some odds and ends and getting to a place where I can focus on the baby's nursery. Sophia's room is almost done, I think all that's left is a bookshelf and wall decor. The baby's room however needs a little more attention. The crib is put together and the rocker is in there, but that's as far as it goes. I need to get all the furniture in and in place, figure out how to set up the awful black hole of a closet, get the pictures hung, clothes unpacked and put away, and the crib dressed. As the time draws nearer I am both more excited and more anxious. It was nice to be with Kathleen last week because we shared some of the same ridiculous psychoses and were able to both worry together and comfort each other. I know it will all be okay when the baby does arrive, but it still feels like so much has to get done before then and time is running out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I have felt a lot more movement this time as well...maybe you're having a boy too?!? My doctor actually said that it's likely due to the fact that the placenta is in the back, but who knows!!!
Sorry about the rash. I always reassure myself by saying nearly everyone has something unpleasant associated with pregnancy. At least you avoided the months of nausea/vomiting, right?
Hang in there, Tori! Spud will be here before you know it - and everything will be fine!
I was actually thinking about stopping by (sans girls) to see you and the new rooms and bring over some pregnancy stuff. Maybe next weekend? Let's talk.
Glad the babe is doing well. Interesting that it is so different from your first pregnancy...hmmmm. ;)
Post a Comment