ready for water sports
(Charlie is floating in the water somewhere near there, don't worry!)
practicing kicks!


the slip-n-slide provided plenty of entertainment as well
practicing kicks!

the slip-n-slide provided plenty of entertainment as wellWe spent our 4th hanging out with our friend Neil at Lake Lottowana, Wendy joined us and all of us had a nice relaxing day. They had a band and a pig roast, although the pig was having some serious trouble cooking! In fact, we didn't even get to eat any because by the time it was done we had to head home for bath time and bed time! Oh well...the company was worth it and Sophia had a fabulous time with Neil's daughter, Mary, and Daddy splashing the day away. I must say that Charlie does get the Daddy Award because he took Sophia into the lake and played so that I didn't even have to think about putting on my suit! I had bought Sophia a life jacket last summer when it went on super-clearance at Target (only $3) and although it was a tiny bit too big yet, she didn't fuss about having it on and wasn't phased one bit by the lake. I thought she might have some anxiety since she couldn't see the bottom, it was so big, etc. but no...she walked right to the edge of the pier and said, "I jump in?" That's our girl.
We ended our night sans fireworks, because quite frankly, I don't see the need to change my not-even-two-year-old's schedule to watch something that she could very well be afraid of...maybe that makes me a scrooge but I don't care! ;) Charlie and I were so exhausted we ordered pizza, showered and climbed in bed early. We heard fireworks going outside the window as we drifted to sleep, not too shabby an evening by our standards...God, that makes us old huh?!


No comments:
Post a Comment