Sunday, June 6, 2010

Yikes!

So, I still haven't heard back from the doctor's office regarding my throat culture, but I decided, why wait? I mean even if it isn't strep, it is at the very least tonsillitis and that really isn't much different. So, I called the surgeon and I'm scheduled to go under the knife! Yikes!


I've had surgery before, and I've been under general anaesthesia a number of times, but it doesn't really help. I'm still majorly freaked and really not all that excited about this surgery. Additionally, the surgeon and his nurses made sure to really let me know that this may be the worst pain I've ever felt in the 7 days following surgery. Awesome. Part of me thinks that maybe they're just trying to scare me and give me worst-case-scenarios b/c surely there are people that have all the symptoms but maybe it won't be that bad, but I'm not sure I'm convinced. He also said that the first 7 days post surgery I won't really be able to do much of anything--his exact words being "whatever it is that you "do" you won't be doing it for 7 days" and that within the following 7 days I may feel better but will still have a sore throat.



Most recently, I had to have surgery to have Leo, but let's be real...I got a baby out of that deal, this is no comparison. My tonsils are coming out June 29, so I will not be having a very festive 4th, but I will be dining on plenty of ice cream and popsicles I'm sure!

1 comment:

Jill said...

It's probably for the best although the doctors aren't saying much to make you think that! Place your order with the Little Bear kitchen and we'll deliver. :)