Monday, June 14, 2010

Cherry Picking

Jodie and Sophia get after it!

I absolutely LOVE this picture of Isabelle.

Sophia showing off her bounty


the walk back home, happily splashing in the puddles
While working in the garden the other day, a neighbor came by and asked if we liked cherries. When we responded that in fact we did, he told us to come and pick off his tree because he and his wife couldn't move faster than the birds! They had already picked quite a few and we were welcome to all we could get. The girls were thrilled to say the least. I got us out some bags and we went to town! The cherries are such a beautiful red color and although they're a bit sour, I plan on whipping up a dessert that will make it all okay! It just got us even more in the mood for blueberry picking, which I think we're scheduled for next week! Yay!

No comments: