Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Steady Pace



The other morning Leo was bound and determined to make it under the table to other side where he could feast upon my flip flop. I remember Sophia too had the same love for the flops. I'm sure it's their squishy consistency that makes them irresistible, but it's just too much for me! Leo is definitely moving around, but at a much slower pace than I expected. I know part of it is the fact that it's just plain tricky to crawl on the wood floors, but Leo is just going at his own rate and that's fine by me. He is however so interested in all the gross stuff, like parts of leaves that fell out of Walt's paws or giant dust bunnies (don't judge!) left in the corner...it makes it that much more apparent that I'm a terrible housekeeper! I've set some goals however, and hope to have a little cleaner floor for Leo to explore.
He is also getting better with the finger foods. I bought some "greens" puffs made from spinach, kale and broccoli and he appears to like those better. In general, I think he prefers veggies to fruit, which I think is weird, especially considering his sister is a fruititarian, but whatever works! Yesterday he did puffs, cheerios, and bananas. Mostly he just mashed up the bananas and spread them around the tray, but he did manage to get a few in his mouth. I also gave him a couple of blueberries and although he was able to pick them up, he was unsuccessful in actually transferring them into his mouth. Poor kid. At this point, Sophia was solely on finger foods and part of me longs for those days, especially today when I looked in the freezer to see that he's down to only a few cubes of food left. This is not good news for a woman with a sore throat. Nothing seems doable to me in this moment!

No comments: