Monday, June 21, 2010

To Our Fathers

Wake up, Daddy!
Daddy and Sophia reading the book she picked out

Charlie and his dad...as if you couldn't tell!!

Dad and me on my wedding day!

Papa Leo and Sophia (with cousin Drake)

Leo squared


Sophia and her Godfather, Stacy

Leo and his Godfather, Jonathan
To all our fathers, we love you and cherish the moments we all have together.
I have been reflecting on fathers lately and I have also noticed that daddies play with babies much differently than mommies play. They are much more loud and rough and they tease so mercilessly! I love to watch Charlie with both Sophia and Leo. They both adore him and look forward to his time off. He is a good dad who is not afraid to get down and dirty with the kids. He will take them swimming and push them for hours on the swing but he will also rub lotion on their skin and snuggle them while they sleep. I know he looks forward to teaching both kids how to play sports and support them through all their endeavors. Some of the fondest memories I have of my dad are of the same things...we used to play catch together and he would come to every softball game. Even as an adult, he wanted to come out to my games for old times sake. He would take me to parades and on vacation and I enjoy thinking of those happy times on days like Father's Day. I am so thankful for such a wonderful husband who is so willing to make those memories with his kids too. Fathers play an important role in our lives so we thank and love all our dearest...Charlie, Leo, Stephen, Stacy and Jonathan!

1 comment:

Ellyn said...

Nice tribute...and well deserved!