Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Vegas Vacation!

me, Shelly and Beth enjoying a pre-flight cocktail!

biggest slot machine EVER!

He we are modeling our fabulous skull tableware in front of Treasure Island! I will admit I made them buy one, but c'mon...a glass shaped like a skull?? Who could pass that up...not I!!!


Many Marvelous M&Ms!

this was a live botanical display inside the Bellagio...AWESOME!

my illegal picture of Jerry Seinfeld!
(a little fuzzy but what can you expect from contraband camera)

my babies enjoying their Vegas Booty!
It was so nice to get away!!! My only "regret" was that three of us were so busy the whole weekend, there was little actual relaxation! Next vacation we vowed to get in a little more pool time, although if Shelly and Beth had their way, it might be next to an ocean instead! I don't think I'd complain either way!
We did a lot of sightseeing, inside the hotels anyway, and a fair amount of shopping, although I think I did more than they did! We stayed at New York New York, which was super fun and themey, but it just wasn't our cup of tea. I think it catered to more of a night club crowd, and sadly, we're all past that! Paris was by far our favorite hotel mostly because of the food and proximity to the other stuff we wanted to check out, but the botanical display inside the Bellagio was absolutely phenomenal. I only included one picture, but it was huge, fragrant and beautiful! They change it seasonally and I just can't imagine how much time and energy goes into each new installment. Shelly and I nabbed some tickets to the Seinfeld show for Saturday night and it was great, great, great! He was only playing two days so we felt very Vegasy indeed! The three of us also dined at Bobby Flay's restaurant, Mesa Grill, and were muy impressed! It was delish, and although I know Bobby doesn't cook there anymore, it was still worth it! I went a little crazy shopping for goodies at M&M world, but c'mon my kiddos are worth it, and it is Sophia's favorite candy! Sophia is absolutely in love with her blue M&M buddy and snuggles him often. I, of course, also got them coordinating t-shirts that will make a blog appearance soon, I'm sure!
Thanks to my awesome friends for a fabulous weekend of girl talk, bonding, and fun! And of course, I am also so thankful that my darling Charlie was able to take over for the weekend, enabling me a chance to get away! I really needed it and I'm so happy I finally got a girls' weekend! Now that I've tasted freedom, I'm sure negotiations will begin for a second adventure! ;)

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

That is quite a large knob you're holding... ;)

Anonymous said...

I would want the skull glass too! Cathy