Saturday, May 22, 2010

Count Rashula Strikes Again

I had to take Leo to the doctor this week for yet another rash. It started out on Monday as your typical, run-of-the-mill rash that has no explanation and tends to just appear. By Tuesday or Wednesday, both Charlie and I commented on how it looked a bit like Chicken Pox, but quickly talked ourselves (or wished and hoped ourselves) out of that idea. By Thursday the rash had taken over his whole body. It went all the way around his body and all of over his little face. So, Friday we hit the pediatrician's office. In the end, we're still not really sure what it is, but the doc thinks it's probably either a virus, an allergic reaction to something or maybe even both. The only new thing in his diet is pears, which we both agreed is unlikely the cause of such a reaction, but it is possible. He also suggested that maybe Walter had brought in something from outside which is causing a reaction. He said not to do anything different with the dog just yet, although we need to just get him shaved for the summer anyway, and give Leo some Benadryl to see if it will help. If it doesn't, we have to go back next week for further investigation. I hope it helps. I know it's only been 24 hours, but it doesn't look any better yet! I hope he doesn't have a life of rashes in his future, but if his short little life is any indication it seems inevitable.

No comments: