Leo is really trying his darnedest to crawl! He got up on his knees all by his little self today and even did some rocking and swaying, but that darn slick floor hindered any further progress! He was actually on a blanket to start with but by the time he'd wiggled his way onto his knees he was on the floor and that proved to be pretty tricky. Sophia also had a very tough time with our wood floors (although technically Leo was at Starbuck's this morning when it happened, I know he'll find our floors troublesome as well! :) ) too and if I remember correctly she really did her first actual crawling at Sue's house where the carpet gave her the traction she needed. When he fell back to his tummy he was visibly frustrated and you could just see that twinkle in his eye to keep on keepin' on! He then just about took off in an army crawl but didn't quite make it with that either! He is quite adept at scooting, mostly backwards, all around the room and I truly don't think crawling is far behind!
People keep telling me that I'll rue the day when he begins to move, but I'm actually sort of rooting for it! No doubt it will be hard once he's on the move as I'll be forced to remember all the sorts of things that crawling babies destroy, but in the end it's just one more sign of him getting bigger, growing up, and getting to that 1 year mark to which I look so forward! I will also have to deal with the stair issue, one that I don't look forward to, but one nonetheless that I must face! Our feelings really haven't changed on the gate issue, meaning that we still probably will opt out of using them, and it really doesn't worry me. Not that I don't worry at all...I do, but I'm okay with it and looking forward to him being able to move around and explore on his own!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment