will cuddle for warmth
We can't get to the car fast enough!Alas, this year's St. Patrick's day just couldn't live up to last year's...but we always have next year! The weather was fairly dreadful, but we made the best of it! I love Jodie for many reasons, but a big one is the fact that she, like me, is game for anything. If we have an idea we stick with it, for better or worse! Actually, I'm being somewhat dramatic (what, me dramatic??) , it wasn't that bad, but it was pretty chilly and wet. Part of the problem was that we were all under dressed. We layered the kids pretty well, but we thought it was supposed to warm up. It didn't. And it rained. And it was windy. We stayed for a few floats, but in the end it just wasn't worth it. The kids were cold and complaining and we decided to head on home. The highlights for Sophia were as follows...
- the horses: she was way excited each time a horse came by and there were quite a few
- wizard balloon: she has declared herself "the royal wizard" (it came from Barney, need I say more) and there was a giant wizard balloon dressed in green robes and a long white beard. She talked about it until it was all the way down the street and out of sight
- the big potty: a giant toilet shaped balloon...it was a float advertising a local plumber, pretty cute actually
- "dancers": anyone who was part of a marching band or had music playing was a dancer. She kept saying "I want to see more dancers!!" Leo hated the marching bands by the way...the drums were just way too much for him, poor guy! There were also some seriously adorable people dressed up in recycling bin costumes (the theme for the parade this year was "going green") and they did a little dance number and were way cute, she talked about them to daddy a lot too!
The highlights for Leo were as follows:
- being strapped to mommy's chest the whole time: I mean really, who wouldn't love to snuggle mommy all day!?
- every passer by cooing at him: this kid is a giant flirt and enjoyed all the attention!
- lots of movement and bright colors: he enjoyed watching all the floats go by with balloons, bright colors and music
- going home and being warm: his poor little feet were icicles by the time we got back to the car, and he even had on shoes and a blanket! :(
I really didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked (so unlike me, I know!) but it was just too darn cold to do that...I was in survival mode! After this weekend, when it's supposed to snow, I'm hoping that spring is really on it's way. We're being teased with temps in the 60s today and tomorrow, c'mon spring! (I think that if I keep ending my posts this way it will eventually happen, right?!)
P.S. Happy birthday to Kathleen whose birthday is on St. Patrick's Day! I miss you and I'm glad the weather in your neck of the woods was beautiful!
1 comment:
Sorry you had such rotten weather for St. Paddy's Day, but seems like you made the most of it! :)
Post a Comment