Yesterday was a double whammy for free stuff! First Starbuck's, a real favorite of Sophia and me, was giving away free sweets with the purchase of a beverage. It was a promotion to showcase their new sweets in which they don't include any more gross stuff like High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS). Now, anyone in a 20 mile radius has heard my speech on HFCS, as I think it is evil incarnate and I refuse to buy products that are manufactured with the stuff. So, I was more than happy to support such a cause with a beverage I probably would have purchased anyway! ;) Sophia enjoyed her free pumpkin loaf and some singing with Isabelle. It was a perfect day to sit outside and enjoy our treats.
Our second stop was Ben and Jerry's as it was Free Cone Day. Now really, who can pass that up?! Not us for sure! Sophia's top choice was vanilla, as always, but I must admit that B&J has one of the best vanillas I've ever tasted! I went with a very delicious, although out of season, pumpkin cheesecake. And since we're on the subject, B&J also use only all natural ingredients like real milk and cream and real sugar, none of that HFCS for them! I must say that you really can taste the difference between ice cream that is made with good stuff and ice cream that is made with junk. I'm kind of an ice cream snob, I think!
Finally, the day was so super nice that we ended it with lots of playtime outside. Our backyard is a bit of a swamp so I opted to stay on the driveway where Snoopy got the ride of his life and Sophia and Leo enjoyed the fresh air and sunshine!
Are you sure she's a safe driver??
4 comments:
I'm right with you there on the HFCS. Saw a program on PBS about King Corn; it was very scarey! Made by two college guys originally from Iowa!
And I don't think Leo is asleep; I think he's just INTO the food!!!
I'm definitly digging Leo's hat! Too cute.
And you did all of this in honor of my birthday, right?!!
Post a Comment