Sunday, March 21, 2010

Disney on Ice

Tiana (Princess and the Frog) waiving to Sophia

admiring Belle's gown

The Little Mermaid doing Under the Sea


Lion King

Tinkerbell is amazing!


silly Tink


Tinkerbell brought Spring
I'm sure it's illegal to post most of these pictures, but oh well. Hopefully The Man won't come down on me, I mean it's not like I'm making any money off of them! We took Sophia to see Disney on Ice this week and boy was it an adventure! We got some really awesome discount passes from our pediatrician last time we were there (I think he was mostly taking pity on us, but I'm okay with that) so we figured why not check it out! This was Sophia's first experience with any type of show. Knowing that she's a bit of scaredy cat, I was nervous, but she did make it through. The first scene was with the Cars characters and she did not like them at all! They made a lot of vrooming noises and there was smoke and fireworks and it just about set her over the edge. She kept saying, "I want to go back upstairs and go home right now!" After them it was The Little Mermaid, and she was much more acceptable! Sophia is beginning her princess phase. (I think it's a combination of the fact that she has some friends who are in it and that she got a set of Princess books from a friend of mine for Christmas. She loves those books. They come in a handy carrying case and she takes them with her a lot places. Incidentally, her favorite princesses are the princesses of color; Mulan, Pocahontas, and Jasmine, I find that interesting!)She continued to be nervous and did continue to want to leave but we made her tough it out. She was having a good time, it's just that she needs quite a bit of time to adjust to things and she had never quite experienced something like this before! Every time something scary came on, like the Sea Witch and the mean lion in Lion King, she began her wanting to go home chant, but resumed to her normal self after those scenes were over. She loved the Tinkerbell finale and overall I think she had a really good time. She enjoyed recounting the details to her grandmothers and uncle. We might even sign her up for another show that comes through town!

No comments: