Thursday, March 11, 2010

House Party Fun!

A super delicious spread!
mom, Julie, and Tracy

Craig, Cari, Nancy, and Jenn (+1)


Shelby, Chris, Angela, Andrew, Stacy and Meredith

even Walter found the refreshments!

Sophia giving Cookie a push!
We hosted another successful gathering this past weekend, this one thanks to House Party! If you're not familiar with House Party (and yes I do have to do a little commercial for them b/c I said I would!) you should check out their website because, really, this is a site designed for a girl like me! ;) Go to www.houseparty.com to really see what they're about! In a nutshell...they offer theme parties and after you fill out an application you wait to see if you were chosen and then they send you the essentials to get started, the rest is up to you. The first House Party I hosted was over a year ago and was for a TV show called Leverage on TNT. This one was for Oroweat Sandwich Thins...a very tasty treat. All commercialing aside, these things are really good! I made a spread of treats for the party goers and here were the fan favorites:
  • PB&J Grillers: make a pb&j on your favorite Sandwich Thin variety, dip in an egg wash, grill on a griddle, top with powdered sugar and enjoy! These are also tasty with Nutella!
  • Fruit Pizzas: Use one half of a Thin, top with a mixture of low-fat cream cheese and marshmallow fluff, top with sliced fruit! (I used kiwi, banana, and strawberry)
  • Chicken Salad Melts: Use one half of a Thin, top with chicken salad and a piece of 2% Provolone cheese, heat until cheese is just melted

I also made a veggie sandwich and a turkey pepperoni pizza plus various other dips and desserts...all with a healthy flair!

It was a pretty nice day outside, in fact our first in a long, long time, so everyone got to spend some much needed time outside. The kids enjoyed climbing and playing and the adults just enjoyed the fresh air! We are really looking forward to spring and I personally can't wait much longer for the warmer weather!


1 comment:

Ellyn said...

I saw all those folks out on your deck in shirt sleeves and sighed! We do have temps in the 40s (maybe going to 50 in next 5 days)but I'm still encased in layers!!!