So things around here have been pretty much the same, and by pretty much the same, I mean we're sick. Again. The good news (really?) is that I don't have strep, which would have made 4 times in 6 weeks, but I did/do have some other sort of throat/tonsil/yucky disease. Leo has and ear infection and RSV, which he promptly gave to Sophia. The good news here (and this really is good news) is that Leo's case of RSV seems to be mild. He is terribly wheezy, but that goes with the territory. He has zero appetite, hates his antibiotic and is completely off his previously achieved schedule...BUT he doesn't need breathing treatments, does not have pneumonia and did not visit the hospital. For those things I am thankful. Sophia had her worst day yesterday when she did not change out of her pajamas, watched TV, drank juice, and was fairly puny all day. Today she's back to her old self. The doctors don't know what I have, but decided that since I was still sick after they saw me on Monday that they'd go ahead and call in a prescription for me...gee thanks so much. I will admit though, that even after taking just one pill last night at 9 o'clock, it seemed to start working. I was miserable and when I woke up I felt just a little less miserable. I'll take it when I can. I made an appointment with an ENT, which isn't for a couple of weeks yet, but I'm happy to be seeing a specialist. Hopefully he can help me figure this craziness out. Charlie has been out of town all week and I am anxiously awaiting his return home which is now just in a matter of hours...hooray!
Today, in the spirit of socialization, I took Sophia to the pool with my friends Jodie and Julie. There was no way I felt Leo should go but Mom was off today and graciously offered to watch him. I was still a bit under the weather but Sophia needed exercise and I needed to see another adult. I am just so impressed with how good Sophia is becoming in the water. I was just looking into more lessons for her this summer and I am so excited for her to take them! Since Florida, she has been able to swim on her own with only a noodle...big steps! She is still learning how to kick but she is sort of starting to "swim" around using the noodle. I'm just happy she can now float on it without drowning, big peace of mind! Today at the indoor pool she even managed to sail the lazy river all by herself using only the noodle, no life jacket. I was of course right behind her the whole way, but she looked at me and declared that she could do it and floated away...indeed she could! She had more people tell her today that they were sure she was 3 by how well she spoke and she just kept telling them, No...I'm 2!! She really does speak so well and for that I am so thankful (most of the time! unless she's telling me off!;) It was so cute to hear her on the phone with Charlie the past few days. On Wednesday he called and she immediately grabbed the phone and went to town telling him about her day. She literally talked to him for 10 minutes, no joke. I kept trying to get the phone back and she would glare at me and tell me she was still talking. Uh huh. She told him all about her days, and about Gay Gay (imaginary friend) and that she and Gay Gay were going sledding and that she had made room for him on the sled to join them (cute!), and on and on. Yesterday she got on the phone and said, "hi, daddy. I watched TV all day. I got to watch Wonder Pets and Yo Gabba Gabba. I love you. That's all." Ahhh, the difference a day makes.
I'm really, really hoping that this is the last of our sickness. I don't think I can handle any more, either mentally or physically. I had to cancel a trip to St. Louis this weekend to see Kathleen which really kicked my spirit in the ass. I wanted to go, but didn't want to take RSV across the state! Something Baby William is probably really thankful about! Hopefully we'll make it out there in May, as April is pretty busy, so the boys can meet (like they'll remember!) and the girls can play. Sophia was pretty bummed to be missing her Lily.
So, send us mending vibes and pray for warmer weather! I'm ready to open windows, eat outside on the deck and wear capri pants! C'mon, spring!!
2 comments:
Rough winter, glad everyone is mending! St. Louis will be in your sights soon. Cathy
Oh Tori, I'm so sorry to hear you're sick again! Get well soon and take care of yourself and the babies! Sending you germ-free hugs from the mid-Atlantic!
Post a Comment