Thursday, March 4, 2010

Almost There

Leo is looking good from the front...
...and the back!

Sophia wanted him to sit up so they could play ball together

snuggles!


look at that fine use of abs (and I don't mean the fatty in the background!;)

Standing is pretty good stuff

but so is sitting on my own!

Whoa! This falling down stuff is for the birds, though!
Leo is almost officially sitting on his own! Yay!! This is my favorite stage of the under one year crowd and I've been anxiously awaiting it! It will be so nice to plop him down in any room, put some toys in front of him and watch him go at it! Plus, he will be able to interact more with Sophia and me when we're playing on the floor. Here are some other highlights that come with being 6 months old:
  • halfway to a year!
  • eating food, which although I've been avoiding up until now, marks an exciting time
  • risk for SIDS goes way down!
  • becoming more independent
  • going to the gym and being able to place both kids in the day care! (even though Sophia is still afraid and cries every time --we're working on it, because I'd kill to get back to the treadmill!)
  • I told myself that I should go on a girls' trip after he's 6 months...it's already in the works!

It's hard because I'm not necessarily in a rush for him to grow up, it's just that I am eager to move past the baby stage and forge into walking, eating real food, etc. Six months marks (in my mind) the first of those major hurtles to getting there, and although we still have a few more weeks until the official birthday, I'm excited to see things already happening!

In other news, we introduced oatmeal this week and it made an even bigger difference in his sleeping, there is a but coming, which was good to begin with, but the oatmeal kept him for a solid 11-12 hours each night...here it comes: BUT now his eczema is back in full force...coincidence?? We're going back to rice cereal tonight and we'll see if that helps. It's really the only thing I can think of because all other dietary and laundry needs have stayed the same...so we'll see!! I am also trying to coordinate their afternoon nap time to aid in my sanity. Some days it works, some days it doesn't. Today is a doesn't day. He was sound asleep finishing his bottle and then I go to put him to bed and it's "hello, Mommy!" I just cherish the days in which it does work and know that someday they'll be on the same schedule..right?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet!

Kim Moore said...

I love the 6 month old stage too. This 5 week stuff is killing me. *sigh*