Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Princess Turns 3

Okay, so I know it's taken me forever to get pics of her birthday up but I've been trying to prepare for Leo's party too! Remind me again why I thought two parties in one week was a good idea!?! ;) Whatever, it's a lost cause, you all know I'd do it again! Enjoy some pics from her special day!



Here's a rundown of what you'll be seeing...she opened presents first thing...hooray! Charlie and I got her a princess dress, wand, and tiara as her big gift, plus the Belle shirt she chose to wear to her party. We went and picked up her cookie cake, a tradition, and munched on a little treat while we were there. I was very disappointed the cake people DID NOT follow my instructions and we got no princess-themed picture, but at least the cake was de-licious!



Princess Tiana not only made an appearance but hosted Sophia's entire party. She had 11 little friends and cousins there ranging in age from 8-2. They decorated tutus, played Princess, Princess, Frog, and pin the jewel on the crown. It was a pretty adorable party and I didn't feel bad (okay maybe once) that I hadn't planned any of it! It was kind of nice to just show up. During the PPF game, Sophia was going around in a circle, not wanting anyone to be a frog, and when she got to her cousin, Angela, she stooped over and very lovingly said, "I like your crown." Then she stroked her hair and sat right down next to her. It was seriously adorable. I think she's a little young for that game yet!



She got tons of great presents. Among the favorites are her high heeled Aerial shoes from Luca and Massimo and her princess vacuum from Uncle Stacy and Shelby. She gasped when opening it and was just beside herself, and of course my mother said, well she is my granddaughter! I could have been offended, but well, it's true that I don't share that love affair with my vacuum so what could I say!? ;)



After the party, the four of us had a low key pizza dinner and got ready for bed. She had a great day and is so grown up already! Despite the mood swings and tantrums, I think 3 is going to be a great year!




Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create your own free digital slideshow

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

I'm so proud of you for holding it together with the cake mix-up. Really, I am. I know that it took a lot for you, but you kept the SPIRIT of the day in mind, not the details. Way to go! ;) It looks like Sophia and everyone there had a great time. I think you're 3 for 3 with all Sophia's birthdays. Good luck with Leo's upcoming party!!!

Tori said...

Thanks Kathleen...but don't give me too much of a glowing review...it took a lot to get over it!;) You know me so well! Hopefully I'll get pics of Leo's bash posted in a more timely manner!

Carolyn Zook said...

Tori! The pictures are amazing - what a special day you provided for your sweet little girl! I seriously almost spit out my coffee in laughter when I saw the picture of Leo having an identity crisis. Although - perhaps he wasn't - it was recently "Talk Like a Pirate Day"...maybe he's just trying to tell you something...;P Good job, Mama Hirner! Another successful theme party!