![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |
First of all, let me say that this post is looooooong overdue, but it's not my fault! They didn't tell me to bring my camera! ;) I have been at the mercy of others and then Jodie gave me a disc of pictures, and c'mon, now, I'm not that advanced. So, now that Charlie has loaded some pics...I'm ready to post!
I love my friends, they know me so well! Last weekend Julie and Jodie were the hostesses to a surprise baby shower for Spud and me. I was tricked into thinking I was going to a Silpada party (I must say I was disappointed, but only midly!;) and when mom and I showed up at Julie's, there was a baby shower, with a theme and everything! Their theme was cupcakes and it was very well chosen! Everyone was to bring a dozen cupcakes for judging and sharing. Some people made their own, some did store bought, but all were delicious! They made me a platter and I had to sample each one and then judge the overall best. This was too difficult, as you can imagine since their must have been at least 10 different kinds of cupcakes to begin with, so they gave me a break and let me chose a winner based on cuteness and on taste. The cuteness factor went to Pam and Shelby who made cupcakes that looked like little sleeping babies with a chocolate hair curl and a plastic pacifier. Anne made a chocolate cupcake with a very creamy and delicious frosting, plus she decorated them so cute with pink and blue, sprinkles and a Hershey's kiss. I also have to give a shout-out to Lisa who was a very close runner up in the taste category with her s'mores cupcakes...they were TO DIE FOR! (Lisa, you're going to have to shoot me that recipe, by the way!) Instead of frosting she used a melted marshmallow with a little Hershey square on top, ingenious, I say!
My guests stocked me up with diapers and other goodies like wipes, bibs, and a soothing sounds bear. Plus, Jill made me some awesome books and a cd that will come in very handy once Baby arrives. Everyone also contributed to a group gift. Even Sophia, who was not in attendance, recieved a few things too. We played a few games, including one where people guessed how big Baby would be and surprisingly everyone was pretty nice. I think the largest guess was 8lbs 6oz, or somewhere around there. Sophia was 7lbs 11oz, so if the wives tales are true, Spud will be bigger, but I'm hoping not much more than 8-8.5lbs. Not that it matters too much since it will be extracted from my womb, but I still have to carry it around!
I was so overwhelmed with happiness, surprise, joy...you name it! After the party, everyone was able to take home a dozen cupcakes to share with their family...a perfect parting gift in my opinion. The only un-perfect part was that now I had all these cupcakes that I devoured far too quickly, maybe that contributed to my weight gain! Charlie and Sophia did get a couple of them, but I'm going to go ahead and take responsibility for most of the cupcake eating that happened in our house!
I think we're ready for Baby and this made everything even more joyful! Thank you to everyone who planned, contributed and attended...you made my day!

1 comment:
Tori! You look absolutely beautiful in these pictures!
Post a Comment