So, remember that little tiny sentence I put in a recent post about eating too much junk food in the last two weeks...that was apparently no joke! I went to the doctor today and as he measured my stomach, at a whopping 38 cm, both of us sort of did a double take. He went back to his notes and indeed...I had grown 5 cm in two weeks...are you kidding me???! He also said that I gained "quite a bit of weight" but since I'm on a strict not-looking-at-the-scale-for-any-reason regime, I didn't bother to ask exactly how much, because quite frankly I don't want to know. He then ended our conversation with these uplifting remarks, "you're a pretty good size." Hmmmm, just not words you want to hear. ever.
My saving grace did come at the end though, as I was making my next appointment, he said, "oh wait, didn't you start the Prednisone?" Indeed I had, exactly 2 weeks ago, he was then kind enough to throw me a bone and say that those pills were probably the cause for a good part of my weight gain. Well thank God for small favors! I will say that I probably should curb by junk food intake anyway, especially since these steroids aren't doing me any favors, and I can't blame it all on the steroids, but to be honest, I probably won't. Even though I know it's counter productive and sort of backwards, because I feel so huge, I just don't care. I figure what's another scoop of ice cream at this point?!
I'm down to every week appointments, which consists of only 3 more appointments before Baby is born! I asked him if he thought I would go earlier than 39 weeks and although he said he didn't think so, he also said that wasn't really a guarantee. Super. Part of me would be ready to have this kid tomorrow, but the other part of me, the crazy part...needs to get through Sophia's birthday and then I'll be fine. I just have to lay low and keep that baby in there for 3 more weeks! We can do it! I've been focusing on trying to be positive and active the last few days and I think I'm doing pretty well. I will admit that my house is suffering a tad bit with cleanliness and laundry upkeep, but Charlie is being pretty understanding about that too. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted about any and all baby news...we're down to crunch time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I got your message tonight. You are too funny. "A pretty good size"? Where are these doctors trained anyway? ;) Three more weeks...I say go for broke. I'll call you tomorrow!
Definitely go for broke! I mean, holy crap - you've got a KID in there! The kid needs ice cream! Go for it! GOOD LUCK! I miss you and am thinking of you!
Post a Comment