Friday, September 11, 2009

Little Miss Perfect

Sophia had her two year screening from our Parents as Teachers representative yesterday and she received a perfect score! Hooray! I realize that this is just a way to keep track of benchmarks, but it is exciting to know that she is growing and developing so well. I was even surprised at a couple things she did, not even knowing that she could! One was stringing beads on a string, I didn't think she'd be able to do it as it was never something we'd even practiced, but sure enough, she did it! She didn't really like that activity though, as once she put the bead on she was quite concerned with taking it off again and didn't want to string more than one bead at once! She was also able to draw both a vertical and a horizontal line when asked, which is apparently a 3 year old skill. She also enjoys drawing circles and is pretty good at those too. Sophia also managed to stack 7 blocks on top of each other, jump with both feet and run, one of her favorite activities! Our PAT lady has always been impressed with Sophia's vocabulary and of course she passed that part with flying colors! So far I think the longest sentence I've heard from her has been about 8-9 words, pretty good I'd say! She said I should take credit for her mad language skills as it's a sign that she comes from a home where she's talked to a lot and hears a lot of language, but I'm thinking it's mostly cuz I'm a big mouth who talks too much, but hey whatever works! ;)


In other news, Spud has dropped even more. The doc said Baby has moved even lower but is still hanging out waiting to be born! Good job, Spud...stay in there just a little bit longer! I even "lost" a centimeter this week, which I was quite pleased about! My doctor attributed it to the baby moving lower which causes the height of my belly being less, I attribute it to the fact that I didn't have a dozen cupcakes at my disposal this week! I told him to let me have my happiness any way I could get it and he agreed that was probably wise! ;) Spud is still fairly active as I continue to be amazed by how much room it thinks it has in there! I have started consistently waking up around 2ish and 4ish am, so I'm thinking that this will probably be feeding times. I have such high hopes for myself during the days, where I really need to get things done, but in reality, most of it just doesn't happen. During Sophia's nap time the past few days I've been napping myself, which is wonderful, but it of course stops me from doing things that need to happen! Charlie is being a big help and has started pitching in with more housework lately, which is much appreciated. I know he's tired too, but it really helps when I don't have to bend over to clean floors, etc. We've also been finalizing plans for Sophia to spend the nights with Aunt Annie and Bama during our hospital stay and putting finishing touches on her birthday festivities. I have also been trying to get out of the house as much as possible the last few weeks, and it's been so fun! Tonight Jill and I have pedicures and ice cream on the agenda and I'm so looking forward to a ladies night!


Overall, I think I'm to a point of readiness for this baby to arrive. Like I said last week though, it needs to wait until after the party, but then it's game on! I realize it's only a week later that we're scheduled for surgery, but I'd be okay if he/she came any time during that week! Of course I have other appointments, not the least of which is my registration at the hospital, but we'll just have to wait and see I suppose!

No comments: