![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |
My little girl turned 2 on Friday...Holy Cow! I of course tried to tell her the story of her birth, but she just wasn't interested! I now totally understand why my parents tortured me with these tales every year! LOL! We had a great day!
On Thursday we had her portraits taken and on Friday I tried to let her celebrate as much as possible. It was fun to see her so excited about her birthday, a big change from last year where she really had no idea what was going on! She woke up all smiles and ready to open presents! She was thrilled with the wrapping paper, which was covered with monkeys, one of her most beloved things, and tore right into things! The video shows a little bit of her excitement, but not all of it. Plus, I cut off just before she looked at Charlie in desperation and said, "Get my baby out!" Priceless. We also got her a little bag of baby essentials like bottles, blanket and spoon/fork set. She's all set to continue mothering!
We then got dressed and met some of our friends out at the park for a morning play date. I had made cookies and brought some juice, which of course was a big hit, and all the kids had fun. They played and played, I hated to even take her away, but we had things to do! We made the trek to pick up her cookie cake, a fond childhood memory of both mine and Stacy's, and then met back up at mom's house for a birthday dinner. Even though her big party was the next day I thought it was important to have a little celebration with her grandmas and godfather! So, Sue, mom, Stacy and Shelby joined us for yummy pizza, cookie cake and more presents! Mom got her another adorable monkey that she coveted all night (and tonight too), a new pair of pj's, and an adorable book. Sue got her a precious little ballerina doll and a super cute book that even came with "tickle gloves". She was happy about all her presents, and even happier about opening them! She went to bed tired and full of sugar, I guess that's what your birthday is about, right?!
I continue to marvel at the little person whom she is becoming and we love her more and more every day, which doesn't even seem possible. She is such a joy and I look forward to another year with my little girl.
Birthday party pics are coming soon! I know it's been a few days, but I'm moving slower every day! Now that the party is over, I'm a little more relaxed!

1 comment:
Aw, happy birthday Sophia! Looks like a fun weekend celebration! Wish I could have been there for pizza and cookies (and presents!)!!! Glad you made it through - next stop: Spudsville! :)
Post a Comment