Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Time to Par-Tee

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Birthday Par-Tee Pics
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow




Whew! It's over! I must say that although most parties I do are somewhat of a production, I really felt like this party was sort of lower key and I got to mingle a little bit with everyone! We did have quite a few last minute cancellations due to illness and other things so that made for a smaller crowd, although we still had quite a full house! The kids had a great time, and that is what really matters at a two-year old birthday party! The bubbles were a huge hit this year and from the pics you can see that Isaac and Sophia were the number one bubble makers! She was literally drenched in bubble juice and we had to change her out of her party clothes, which is why I unfortunately didn't get a family shot...bummer. I didn't take as many varied pics as I would have liked, but we got a good sampling and hopefully those of you who couldn't make it get a good feel for the party vibe! I had a craft table for the kids as well where they could decorate golf visors and put on sports themed tattoos. Sophia is really getting into tattoos and thinks they're pretty cool stuff, I only imagine that face painting is next! She got lots of fab gifts that she is working her way though each day. In the bath shot, you can see her putting two of her toys to use already: bathtub xylophone and bath baby.


I think the cupcakes turned out pretty darn cute, if I do say so myself! I do have little birthday elves to thank for that too! After dinner on Friday night I put Mom, Sue, and Shelby to work decorating and they did a fantastic job! I did a little combo effort of buying premade cupcakes (thank you Costco) and then spray painted, sprinkled and topped them off with a real golf tee and a homemade white chocolate golf ball. Very festive. My vision was achieved and I spent a fraction of the cost of last year's dog cupcakes, and that made Charlie very happy! :) I also have to give a shout out to Wendy, Julie, Mom, Shelby and Jenn who came over Saturday morning and helped me with the finishing touches on the yard and food. I truly couldn't have done it without them and they even cleaned the kitchen too! Gotta love friends! I am seriously so thankful for all the help I got, it made things so much easier!


Well, I think we're partied out until next year...or Christmas, whichever comes first! Haha, just kidding, Honey! (sort of...)

No comments: