Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Blackberry Picking

Sophia found a kitty to love!

She and Isaac square off for a battle of the buckets

so cute...sharing the berries


Yes, Mom?

running through the berry bushes!
Lisa, Isaac, Sophia and I returned to The Berry Patch yesterday for a morning filled with blackberry picking. Sophia was thrilled when I told her about our activity and she immediately remembered her blueberry picking experience and talked about the buckets, the bushes and all the dogs and cats that live at the patch. Plus, she was so excited to see Isaac and talked about him all the way there! However, upon our arrival, it seems that they were already "picked-out" for the day...um really...it's only 9 am??! Apparently they had a very busy Labor Day Saturday and people were picking unripe berries so they didn't have enough ripened and ready for us that morning. Nonetheless, we had trekked all the way there and were determined to pick something! So we made the journey to the far patches and managed to find a few, and we really do mean a few, berries here and there. The kids had fun, which was really the main thing, and they managed to eat as many as they put in the buckets. Literally, I think we came home with about 20 blackberries, 1 blueberry muffin and a blueberry cobbler. I figured I may not have any dinners frozen for when the baby comes, but I sure can have a blueberry cobbler! I have my priorities, dammit!

No comments: