Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Meet the Mallow

Hello, Marsha...

...goodbye Rose. :(


yes, all you haters, the giant cup of too many pencils has left with Rose, never to return again!

side view of Marsha

Sophia loves riding in her too!

a glimpse of the navigation and dash

a rear view...and look how much space is left even with the stroller in the back!
So Monday evening we brought the ol' girl home! It has been quite an experience, let me tell you what! Firstly, I think Charlie and I were both surprised by the ease it took to actually purchase this car. Neither of us had either owned a Honda before, and it seems that maybe it's just the way they do business, but it took little negotiating to get what we wanted. It partially left us thinking, "Should we have asked for more?!" But, let's get down to the good stuff here...First off, her name is Marsha the Marshmallow. Wendy helped inspire it actually, as the names I had in mind just weren't "sticking". I feel that she's a girl car and she's big and boxy, like a marshmallow, and although soft and gooey, strong enough to survive a fire! She has many features, in fact, all of the options available! We really stopped at nothing this time! She's fully loaded and here are my favorite aspects:
  • Power windows!!! Pathetic, I know, but seriously I was so overjoyed! There aren't many of you left out there who know the hassle of pulling up next to someone when they want to talk to you and you have to either lean over and crank the passenger side down, or motion that you just won't be able to hear them. Or trying to get some air to your baby and having to lean back and wrench your arm to roll down her window when necessary!
  • Factory Installed Window Shades: Ya know those annoying suction cup baby window shades that suck?!...well Marsha has them already in the windows. They slide, unnoticed, in between the door frame when not in use, then you just pull up and hang on the hooks installed in the top of the windows...ingenious!
  • Trunk Space: I loved Rose, but she had little of this!
  • The Seats: Not only are the seats heated, but you can program Driver 1 and Driver 2 so if Charlie drives my car I don't have to spend 20 minutes trying to figure out where I want my seat again.
  • Rear Back-Up Camera: Okay, this is seriously awesome! I'm having trouble adjusting to Marsha's size, but this camera really enables me to feel better about not running into any trees or over any small children! I even safely maneuvered leaving the garage and backing around Charlie's car the other day! Woo Hoo!

Here are the things Charlie loves:

  • EVERYTHING!: He is such a little kid in a candy store, it's too cute! Of course I am extremely thrilled with the navigation as well, but Charlie is such a boy about all the technie stuff in the car. I kind of make fun of him, but seriously I'm glad he's psyched about it b/c then he can learn all about it and just show me...so much easier for me! ;) He's currently trying to figure out how to sync my phone for voice command while driving, love it! and he's all about learning the navi system as well as the DVD/bluetooth headset stuff. He's already declared that we need to take a road trip somewhere so that he and Stacy can sit in the back seat while I drive and play Playstation 3! We also have a free 3 month trial of XM Radio and that's cool for both of us too...so far I've been listening to all 80s and Oprah Radio...can't beat it!

I was sad to see Rose go, but I am happy about this new chapter in our life. Hopefully Rose will go to a good home and they will care for her deeply! I probably should have left them a note, but you just can't be too pushy. The car salesman gave Charlie some trouble about finally getting around to getting his wife a nicer car and boy, howdy, did he do it this time! Charlie is very excited for me, as he even said that I'm now officially part of the Mommy Club! He said I can roll up to Boot Camp in style with an SUV looking like one of the club! Thanks, Honey, I love you!

On Monday evening, Mom kept Sophia so we could get the car and not worry...here's what happened Tuesday morning when I picked her up:

Me: Are you ready to see our new car, Sophia?

Sophia: Yes!!! (we then walk out to the driveway where Marsha is parked)

Sophia: She stopped in her tracks, looks at it and says, "too big, mom." then I open the back door and she gasps, points to her car seat and says, "Daddy put it in!!"

Me: Yes he did! There's even space next to you where we're going to put Baby Brother or Baby Sister's car seat.

Sophia: Baby Sister sit over there?!

Me: Yes, but what if it's a baby brother?

Sophia: I want a sister

One final funny kid story...this happened yesterday when we met Jodie, Emma, and Isabelle for coffee:

Jodie: Emma, do you like Miss Tori's new car?

Emma: That's her new car?

Jodie: Yes

Emma: What happened to her other car?

Jodie: They traded it for this car.

Emma: They traded that dirty red car and got that? (incredulous voice and face)

That story made me laugh too hard...yes, Emma if it were only that simple!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look out! FABU Car, amazing what you can get when you trade a dirty red car in to the dealer. LOL!
Cathy

Carolyn Zook said...

I love that there's a McDonald's bag in the picture of Rose...classic!

Congrats on the nice, new shiny car! Looks fabulous!

Kathleen said...

Three things:
1. Congrats on the new ride!!
2. Let's not test the whole "it'll stand up to fire" thing
3. If you are looking for a road trip, there's lots still left to do in St. Louie! :)