Sunday, September 9, 2007

A sign of things to come??


Well, I had to chuckle to myself the other night as I was rudely awakened by our little Walter who began hacking up vomit in the middle of the night. I immediately sprung into action, lept from the bed and ran to his aid. It seems that a bone that we had gotten him for his third birthday was the culprit of this ill feeling. He wasn't digesting it and therefore had to bring it back up. Fortunately he really didn't vomit too much during the night, but the chuckle-worthy part was that Charlie slept right through it!


I couldn't help but think to myself...is this how it'll be with Baby? Yikes! I've had these thoughts before, mind you, because as much as I love him, my dear hubby is a very heavy sleeper. Surely, I thought that with the baby in the room with us, he will wake up. Now, I only wonder! Actually, I only jest (mostly) as I am quite sure that he will be in-tune to our little one's needs. He is very excited and I know he'll be an awesome dad! And, know this for sure...if he sleeps through too many late night feedings, changings, etc., I may just find a way to help him wake up!

3 comments:

Louise Friday said...

Yes, at least in my experience, that's how it will be. Bret usually took the late night shift (10p-1a), but if anyone is/was up in the night, Bret usually slept right through it. Now granted, he was working and I wasn't, so I could also sneak in a nap. I'm so excited for you!
Love you,
Luoise

Anonymous said...

If you ever need to wake charlie up, just start cooking some bacon!!

Anonymous said...

Lauren and I took turns. Believe me, that heavy sleeping will completely change. I was a heavy sleeper until Gabe was born, and then I would wake up wondering whether I had just heard the baby let out a little peep or a car horn beeping. So exciting about the 18th!