Friday, September 14, 2007

Odds and Ends

So as we move closer and closer to the due date, my increasing size has posed many problems. I know I'm experiencing the usual: not being able to sleep, constant trips to the bathroom, leg cramps, problems bending over, etc., but it has made it more difficult to clean house and do laundry. Now, those of you who really know me are thinking that I don't do too much of that anyway. Well, you're right, but think of how this issue is now compounded! So, because I have a fabulous husband he has finally convinced me to hire a cleaning service! Woo Hoo! This is my first attempt at using a service and I have to say I'm a little nervous. I checked out many companies, all of course insured and bonded, and finally settled on one. I have them coming in next Wed. while we're still at the hospital and Walter is boarded so that we'll come home to one sparkly, clean place. I will keep you posted on how this works out and if I come home to everything that I left here!

Last night I dragged Mom along to Babies R Us for a class on how to introduce your pet to your baby. Very interesting. A lot of it was common sense, Mom was very irritated at the general lack of intelligence in the room and was sure to tell me not to be so stupid. I hate to say it, but I did mostly agree. We know that Walter is totally spoiled, but he was our first baby. We have already started working with him on some general things, not getting on furniture for example, in anticipation of the baby, but I can see we'll have some work in other areas. We got some good tips and I'm trying to start some things today. I also need to stock up on doggie treats over the weekend so that I can reward him for leaving me and/or Baby alone during feeding, changing, etc. Overall, I'm not too nervous about Walt interacting with Baby. He is very sweet and loving, but just a little rambunctious sometimes. I mostly worry about him kissing the baby to death, which is just gross. I think he will adjust happily and learn to herd the baby just like he tries to herd us! This could come in really handily when there are multiple babies/children to keep track of on a daily basis!

Finally, I wanted to let you know about two new Blogs I put on my Blog link list. Pam has started a blog to keep track of the life of her family: Stacy, Shelby, and Cody. So feel free to check in on them too! Those of you who know my friend Kim Moore, whom I worked with for a few years at school, just had her third baby girl this week as well. There are pictures of her beautiful family on her website listed above! Congrats, Kim and Family!

No comments: