
Sophia snuggled up with BamaCharlie and I were ready to get out of the hospital. He was mostly ready because we was tired of sleeping on an old, saggy Hide-a-bed, but nonetheless, he was ready! :)
I was a bit nervous to be "on my own" with Baby outside the confines of the hospital, but I was anxious to get Sophia to her home and settle in. And as I learned quickly, we are NOT on our own. We got Walter home and he is doing GREAT! He is sill so tired our from Day Care that he doesn't much care what goes on around him, which is soooo nice, but he is slowly checking-out his new sister. He was a little upset by all the ruckus that happened in the middle of the night, but was really a trooper and stuck my side all night.
This weekend's meals are being catered by none other than Bama Irene and she started us off well with a great dinner last night! Luckily she and Jill were here to help us out all evening with cooking, cleaning, and baby holding. (oh and by the way, the cleaning service did a great job and so far everything looks accounted for!)
Sophia continues to prove that she is a night owl, as she sleeps all day and plays all night. We are still trying to get the hang of breast feeding, but it is a challenge. My milk has yet to come in and we're hoping that it arrives soon as this may help the situation along. Right now we have to supplement with formula b/c she lost 11% of her birth weight. Also, she is a high-risk baby for jaundice because her blood type is different than mine. Charlie is AB+, I'm O+ and Sophia is A+. This is a kind of flukey thing, but it happens. Because it did, however, she had to be monitored and tested more frequently and we HAD to make sure she ate so she didn't become jaundice. She looks good and her test levels continued to come back normal. I must say, I'm not surprised by this, not only has she already proven to be stubborn, but she'll always be A "plus" in our book!
Our first night was long but good. We had lots of late night talks over feeding and diaper changing. She was alert and attentive as Mommy talked to her all about her life to come! I know it will only get easier, but I'm already ready for the part where I get more sleep and she nurses easily! Even through the hard times though, I know I will always be thankful for such a beautiful and wonderful baby girl.



No comments:
Post a Comment