


Walter is ready for Baby!
We've managed to keep ourselves busy all day long, but we are now down to the final hours. I also appreciate the number of phone calls I've received today reminding me that these are my last hours on earth to have freedom! That has helped my anxiety level so much!
Charlie asked me tonight what I'm most worried about; surgery, motherhood, everything? My answer I guess was everything, but more of the unknown of everything than the reality of everything, I think. I am very worried about surgery. I have an overactive imagination and it does get the best of me. So of course I convince myself that those 1% chance things have to happen to someone and it will probably be me. But I think mostly I wonder and worry about this baby and exactly how it will change my/our life.
I've grown so accustomed to having this baby inside me that I'm freaked out to have it come out. I worry about being a good mom, being able to breast feed, surviving outside the hospital, etc. Don't get me wrong, I AM excited, it's just that the excitement is temporarily buried by my psychosis. At least I have Charlie who is all excitement and little worry. I know he has fears too, but he is so concerned about me and making me feel good that I have to remember how truly blessed I am to have him. I know I can do anything with him by my side.
We will have tons of family there tomorrow to support us and even more friends and family across the country thinking of us, so again, we are truly fortunate to have such a wealth of love, healthiness and happiness coming our way!
I posted some pics of the nursery for those of you who haven't seen it and a last "belly" picture of Baby and me. I absolutely love the nursery. It reminds me of those few days of school before the first day where my classroom looked so happy, clean, and eager. And then...the kids come and all that goes to hell! Oh well, I know there will be one happy baby in that room! It was truly a family affair to put it together too. Everyone helped contribute their own touch and for that Charlie and I are thankful!
4 comments:
Ahh, it's 9:32! Has Baby Hirner entered the world?!?! You are a rock star, Tori -- you'll do great. Can't wait to meet you, little one.
Good luck Tori!!!!! Get as much rest as possible while you're in the hospital - trust me, you won't get much at home. You're going to be an awesome mom! If you have ANY questions or problems with breastfeeding, call me! Congrats to you and Charlie and welcome baby Hirner (I still think it's a boy!)
TORI!!! You are going to be the BEST mom!! Your new little baby will be so lucky to have you and Charlie as parents! I am so excited to meet her!! LOVE YOU!! Congrats to the entire family!!
COngrats Tori!!! I hope most of your anxiety has gone!! You are going to be a great mom. Trust me, these worries will work themselves out. Sophia is one loved little girl!
Post a Comment