Saturday, June 1, 2013

Strawberry Picking Time


Our littlest picker, Alexa
She's adorable and so is her Cabbage Patch Hair Hat! 
off we go with our baskets!

Leo got right in on the action

Isaac was very helpful too



Lisa and her two boys

Jonah definitely won the award for best eater!




Hmmm, where to next??

Ashlynn and Sophia

Kaylee has her eye on the right one!

Kate searches the rows

Kaylee loved the berries so much she kissed them! :)

working on filling up the tote!

Soph adds more to the pile!

good little migrant workers!

a two-fer

I just love all the pics of Ashlynn and Sophia hard at work!

Strawberry picking is over?! :(

that's one crazy berry!





our picking crew!
(minus Isaac who never voluntarily poses in a picture)


This was our first year Strawberry picking and I'd say it was a raging success!  The kids look forward to blueberry picking each year and both my kids love strawberries (although of course Leo seems to be on a temp/permanent hiatus from them at the moment) so I figured this was a no-brainer!  The patch isn't too far away and it's super easy to pick!  You park very close to the fields and don't have to walk far at all to get to your spot.  The staff was friendly and helpful too.  Sophia, Leo, and I managed to pick 13lbs of strawberries.  Yummy!  So far I've made 2 strawberry pies, one quart of strawberry chocolate chip ice cream and 24 strawberry muffins.  Plus Sophia probably ate her weight in berries at least twice and we have a few left over.  We will definitely plan on this in future years and we will visit this orchard again next month for peach season!  I love summer!!

1 comment:

Ellyn said...

Hey, what about strawberry pie for AE?