Friday, June 7, 2013

Getting Summer Started Sporty Style!

 Sophia started swim team the day after Memorial Day.  This is her first year and she is the youngest on the team.  She is doing Pre-Competitive this year which I think is the right fit for her, although I'm not entirely sure what the difference is, she doesn't need to jump into all that just yet.  Plus they still have a few meets throughout the summer and I think she'll really improve her skills.  The bummer was that the weather hasn't been all that great, but she's been a trooper and is just fine getting in the water every morning!  She only has to go a minimum of 3 days out of 5 but it is still hard when she has other camps or activities later in the day (b/c swimming starts at 7:45 am UGH!) because she gets worn out!  I'm really proud of her though and I can't wait to see her progress!

They don't really care for parents lingering too close to the practice so I wasn't able to get very many pictures!  But this top one is pre-warm up and the bottom is post practice ready for a shower...too bad the showers weren't warm either!


 After swimming we had to do a quick change and get ready for soccer!  Thank goodness for good friends and Charlie's ability to drop off Leo because his camp started at 9 am and Sophia and I didn't get there until at least 9:30 each morning...but luckily Leo was taken care of by Sean and our good friend, Jane.
soccer girl!

now...what'd you say I 'posed to do, Mom?

Oh yeah...run!

and kick!


and climb trees!

No comments: