 |
| Leo and Jacob...really ready for the show to start |
 |
| Sophia, Sean and Charlie |
 |
| Stacy, Mer, and Andrew trying to hide |
 |
| I tried to capture their awe, but every time Leo saw the flash of the camera he would turn toward me! |
I didn't even know we had Memorial Day fireworks, but it seems we do! Meredith had let me know about it and mentioned they might be going so since we had our British soccer coach, Sean, visiting we figured why not show him a "proper" Memorial Day! The show started later than advertised, which I suppose I should have expected, but it was really late and I was seriously annoyed (with myself) that I had decided to let my kids stay up so late. But once the show started, both Sophia and Leo were so much in awe, it might have made it worth it. When it ended Leo jumped up, hugged me and said...Thank you, Momma for the BEST DAY EVER! Adorbs.
The next day we decided to have a small BBQ at our place and introduce Sean to some of our family. But...then the rains came and this was no light rain. But since Charlie and I had prepped our chickens the night before with a homemade spice rub and let them marinate, Charlie was not about to settle for putting these babies in the oven. Plus, this was his first use of the rotisserie we bought for the grill. The rain finally did stop and the chicken tasted great! Plus I had made some fresh strawberry pies from our haul previously in the week. Plus Sean got to talk soccer with Nick, Charlie's nephew, who is a very good soccer player himself!
 |
Here's Charlie, dedicated to making it work!
This picture really doesn't do the conditions he's working in justice, it was a literal downpour of cats and dogs! |
No comments:
Post a Comment