Saturday, June 15, 2013

Chihuly Garden and Glass

After the Aquarium, we met the grandmas at the Chihuly Exhibit.  I was really looking forward to seeing this so luckily by the time we got there, Steph and the gang were finishing up and we swapped!  She took the little ones so that (I think Sophia would have loved it, but there's no way she would have kept her hands to herself!  It was hard to resist!)  Mom and I could stroll through and it was impressive to the say the least!

This room was inspired by Native American baskets.  It was beautiful.

a little hard to see but the yellow ones are fish









Here we are in the "garden" part of the exhibit.  Also beautiful.  It was fun to notice all the glass intertwined with the plants, trees, and shrubs.














When we met up with the others, they were being entertained by the balloon man!

He loved Stephanie so much, he gave her a corsage.


I even got a bear

Can you tell we're related...holly cow, everyone looks alike in this picture!


1 comment:

Jill said...

So how can they have that glass outside, in the elements? I'd think wind/hail/whatever could wreck it. Very intriguing exhibit!