Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day

My friend, Julie, and me after the race


I got a dozen roses from hubby after the run too!


Sophia painted a pot and planted a plant for me at her school, there's even a little plastic turtle living on the inside...cute!


Chris and Cathy joined us in the race too


Yay, Mommy, says Leo who's sporting his Lil' Racer tee in honor of the event!


and of course, if there's face painting, Sophia will find it!





At 6 am I was really questioning my judgement of running a 5K, especially it being Mother's Day and all! In the end, I felt good and was glad I did it, but still, it would have been better to have been pampered maybe! I finished the run in just over 38 mins, which I was proud of. I am no runner and although I've been getting to the gym more and more, I barely exercised while out of town, so that set me back. I ran the whole time though and that was my goal. Since then, Julie has talked me into doing an 8K at the end of this month. Ugh. I told her I'm "in" but if I said I wasn't worried I'd be lyin'!



After the race we headed over the Charlie's brother's house for a small memorial in honor of Grandma B. It was nice to have everyone together and I got to see some great old pics and even hear a few new stories. After naps, much needed by us all, we had a quick dinner and some ice cream with my mom. A busy day for sure, but all moms were kissed and hugged and that's what matters! ;)

No comments: