Tuesday, May 31, 2011

8K Athlete!

Before

Notice how fresh and eager we are



After

all the freshness has disappeared!


holding each other up


Patriots!!!

I busted out the flag wristbands just for Memorial Day




The last three were taken with a phone, so I guess that's why they're so small. :( Anyway, Charlie, Julie and I did run an 8K (5mi) yesterday and we lived to tell about it...barely. I've been running for the last three weeks since the Mother's Day run and although I have done better, I really didn't notice that big of a leap. I don't enjoy running so much so I think I find ways to be a slacker and I need to stop sabotaging myself! Anyway, I did shave 1 minute off my 5K time from Mother's Day so I was pretty happy with that. I ran almost all of the 5 miles, walking probably a half mile or less. There were a lot of hills and it just killed me. In the end, I came in at 58 minutes 30 seconds and Charlie came in at 1 hr 5 min 28 sec. We are trying to line up some more short runs (5 or 8K) for this summer to keep us motivated so I'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

CATHY said...

Yahoo! So proud of the 3 of you. I am signed up for the Race for the Cure. Joine me.

Tori said...

Oh I've never done that one...I'm pretty sure I can arrange that! Do we need a team or is it individual?

CATHY said...

You can do either. I already signed up as an individual.