...play your heart out!!!
Last week there was a serious tornado threat in our neck of the woods and we had to seek shelter. I happened to be at Matt Ross Community Center in the midst of my workout when the sirens started blaring. Although happy to have an excuse to get off the treadmill, I was not so happy to be under a tornado warning! The kids had already been escorted downstairs to the "safe" rooms and I met up with them just in time! The room we used is a group exercise room so they had tons of medicine balls and half exercise balls just waiting to be abused. The large group of elderly people slowly worked their way into the other room just to get away from our kids! I can't blame them, really, it was a bit crazy, but I suppose this was a better alternative to screaming, scared children! Luckily everyone was okay and although tornadoes briefly touched down there was no damage to anyone or anything. Charlie's office was directly in line with the storm, as was the Community Center, and neither one of us was able to communicate with the other, it was nerve wracking, but luckily everyone was just fine!
1 comment:
I'm sure it was scary - but how fun and what a story!! Glad everyone is safe!
Post a Comment