Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Completed!

It's no secret that I take way too many pictures. I know, I know, it's a sickness. I catch myself going a little nutty and sometimes I try and stop myself, and sometimes I do not. I do put a lot of pictures on the blog, but believe it or not, I usually try and use my editing eye. However, I have all these other pictures to deal with so I am getting really good at making photo books. I usually make a photo book for all vacations and each child has a photo/baby book plus I sometimes get deals for free photo books during holidays (this year I got Easter and Halloween for free!). Last year I started making our Hirner Annual Album with all the rest of the pictures. It really is fun to reminisce about all our events and fun times and it's a rather comprehensive gathering of people we know. So only one day into February 2011 I have completed and ordered Photo Book 2010! I started putting it together in about October or November. If I start too early I include way too many pictures (as it is, it's a bit extreme) because everything is so recent and fresh in my mind, so I've found that waiting makes it less crowded and easier to decide which pics make the cut. So, drum roll please....here are the stats for this year's book:

Pages in book: 120
No. of Pictures Used in book: 1,074

Here's where it just gets embarrassing...

Total # of pictures taken during 2010: 6,995
% of pictures taken that are used in photo book: 15%


Check out last year's stats if you're into comparing, and in my defense I think I did pretty darn well, comparatively speaking. I mean if you consider that this entire year I had 2 kids to document, whereas last year's book included most of the year when Leo wasn't even born yet.


Anyway, the book should arrive in about a week, so be sure to check it out the next time you're over!

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Tori, I am totally calling you out. There is no defense for that. I'm not shocked by the number of pictures taken for the year, but the number of pictures (and pages) IN THE BOOK....ESPECIALLY considering that you do other books (like Halloween and Easter) as well. And you can't distract me with percentages like 15% of the year's total. Over 1000 pictures and over 100 pages?? You are a mad woman!!!

Tori said...

I appreciate your candor, Kathleen put if you notice it was actually 2pages less than last year's with a 5% decrease in pictures used, so that IS my defense and I'm sticking to it! ;)

Wiens/Friday Clan said...

Maren's called me out for not having finished her baby book. I've been trying to work up the motivation to do photo books for each of the kids, possibly multiple ones for each kid. Alas, it's hockey season, so I haven't gotten to it yet. I'm clinging to hope! Love you!

Ellyn said...

I think it is great! We are trying to track Jones history and no one wrote stuff down...and now they're dead. Hope you have dates and places included!!

You go, girl!!!