Sunday, February 13, 2011

Baby Time!

Lara and Cathy ready to eat!
diaper cake...although it looks a little lopsided! :(

my festive table!
I even had candy building blocks scattered about to help set the mood and alleviate the hunger! ;)


Gayle (grandma!) and Lara in between games

Anne, Chris, Cathy, and Sue ready to get this party started!
I hosted a baby shower for Lara (Charlie's cousin's wife) last weekend. It was an intimate group but we still made it festive! I did a literary theme since Lara is an English teacher and we had brunch, played a few games, and opened presents. I guess it was timely because later in the week Lara had an emergency c-section! Mom and baby are great and even at 5 weeks early Baby Cooper weighed in at 5lbs 9oz and 18" long. I thought that was pretty good! We don't have any pictures yet since the 4 of us have struggled with a nasty head cold, I wasn't going to take any chances! Sophia is very excited to meet him however and spent a good chunk of this afternoon making him a valentine! :)

1 comment:

Lara said...

I loved seeing these pics as well and I had such a good time at the shower. Honestly it was the highlight of that last three weeks for me! ;>)

Thanks so much for everything. One of these days, I'll get my official thank yous done!

I'm going to create a photo gallery on Facebook for the shower. Feel free to add any other photos you have! Cooper only sleeps if I hold him on my chest today, LOL, so I thought I'd get some online stuff done. ;>P