So I finally did my duty as a mother and took my child outside in the snow. We all know I wasn't chomping at any bit to get out there so although I didn't discourage it, I certainly didn't encourage it either! Wednesday, Sophia finally came up with the idea of making a snowman. Since Leo was asleep I figured I might as well do it now. We bundled up, luckily her snow clothes from last year still fit because if you remember correctly they were barely used! Anyway, we bundled up and headed out. The previous snow had been excellent packing snow but the 2" of fresh stuff was very fine and powdery...so no snow man. But, I made a small bunny hill to sled down and Sophia made a snow angel. She wanted to have a snowball fight but since we couldn't pack any snow of our own she started finding clumps of frozen snow tossed aside during shoveling and throwing them across the sidewalk yelling 'snowfall fight!' It was kind of hilarious. We ended up being out there about an hour and it seems that maybe Sophia has finally turned that corner and might end up being a normal kid who likes to play in the snow! ;) I used my time wisely and shoveled the majority of the driveway and the sidewalks. I forgot how hard that was, and there was barely any snow...I'm pathetic! Leo has no snow clothes so I'm hoping to avoid too many more tromps in the wild before spring and just for the record...I'm rooting for an early spring!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment