Thursday, July 1, 2010

Just a Little Update

They really weren't kidding about this pain getting worse thing. Today is definitely worse than Tuesday or Wednesday. In fact yesterday I was starting to feel down right giddy about the prospect of coming out of this without much whining, but today, my tune has changed. I'm in pain. My whole face hurts. I try and chew gum, which they suggested to do to work out the muscle cramps, but it just hurts. Swallowing hurts, laughing hurts, and coughing is just awful. Talking isn't too bad, but I haven't done much of that either. I've downed at least 3 servings of ice cream today and that may just be about all I can handle. I did eat some soup, which was good, but I'm just hurting....like I said, my tune has definitely changed!



Anyway, I can only hope that the pain medicine continues to help me cope! Tomorrow I'm left to my own devices as Nurse Maid has to go back to work and thankfully, Stacy is watching the kiddos, because I don't think I could do it on my own! Feel free to call or text me to take my mind away from the pain! ;) I have some excellent reading material thanks to Jill, but due to pain medication fuzziness I haven't had the concentration level to get started yet! So, it's more Judge Judy, the View, and Family Feud in my future!

3 comments:

Bishops' Blog said...

watching Judge Judy can make anyone feel better, no matter what their situation. :)

Tori said...

:) So true, Mary!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Tori, hope this passes soon. Cathy