Saturday, July 3, 2010

Glimpses

Oh, hi, Mommy!!!!...



...bye, bye, Mommy!
This post about captures how much I've seen my children this week! Mostly I am ever so thankful, more than words can express really, for their absence around my house, but I do miss them!!! Our family and friends have really stepped up this week and made things easy for both me and Charlie. The kids have been entertained and fed all week by gracious hosts and hostesses and it truly does help. When they're home, Charlie tries to keep them occupied, but it doesn't really work. Sophia has been fairly understanding of my recovery but still wants to snuggle, which is great, and for me to read to her, which is maybe not as great! They left again just a few minutes ago to have a sleepover with Grandma Sue and tomorrow Charlie is scheduled to take them to Neil's for his annual 4th of July at the Lake Extravaganza. I'm sad to be missing it, but I just don't think it's in the cards for me this year!
I'm beginning to think I should be coping better, but honestly, I'm in a lot of pain and I think I'm coping the best I can. I think the worst part is that the pain gets progressively worse, instead of better...that really plays a mind game on a girl! Plus, because it has to do with my mouth, it's that much more uncomfortable to talk, eat, drink, etc. At least with my c-sections, I could still eat!!! ;) Just for the record, I am hungry, I just can't eat anything. It's better to not eat than to try to choke it down, except for ice cream of course!
I know it's bad when I'm perfectly content to still be lying in bed. I've been in that bed around the clock since Tuesday afternoon. Yes, I do get dressed every day and I try and make at least 2 trips downstairs, but it just wears me out and back I go. It's really amazing how miserable two little tonsils have made my life so far this year! I'm hoping that by Tuesday I'll feel a lot better as the surgeon mentioned that days 5-7 were really the worst of it. Thank goodness I'm mostly alone tomorrow!
Oh, and sorry for 3 posts on this depressing subject, but not talking is hard enough, I can't be silenced from my computer too!!!

No comments: