Walter has been given a clean bill of health...at least we think. I had a few days this week when I was really nervous about our boy...I got a call from his regular vet on Tuesday evening. She had sent his films to a specialist and that doctor seemed very worried by the looks of this x-ray. She said that most likely it was either pancreatitis or a cancer mass. LUCKILY, it was neither.
After the ultrasound today, the specialist did not see anything to indicate the "mass" that was apparent in the x-rays. Her best guess is that his body was twisted funny while taking the films and that made things look a little crazy on his insides. Now, truthfully, I could be a little pissed that I went through all this for an error...I mean aren't there standards on how to take x-rays? I am no technician, but it seems to me there should be/would be/probably is a procedure. Anyway, I'm trying to focus on the positive.
In the end though, there still lies the mystery of his vomiting. Hmmmm. We started feeding him 2 times/day instead of 1 and so far that has helped tremendously with the vomiting. It is possible that he has developed some acid reflux type situation and just needs to eat smaller meals and that will fix the situation. There are some other routes we could go if it looks like he might have either inflammatory bowel disease or some bacteria I don't know how to spell (both were possibilites according to the vet), but my gut tells me it's neither of those things. Since Leo has been born he has developed this naughty behavior of climbing on the counters and tabletops to eat food, and I think this could be related and could definitely cause some upset tummies!
We're going to continue to monitor him, but he has been vomit free for about 10 days now, so we'll just keep doing what works and do something else when it doesn't. We were very happy our furry friend needed no further testing! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Very good news! I'm relieved for all of you.
Addie used to vomit probably about two times a week, on average. She always seemed to behave normally so it was more of a nuisance than anything. Well we had to switch Addie's dog food last summer (the company who made the food she had been eating went out of business) and she has quit vomiting. If you've already tried different foods and this seems so obvious, then just ignore me! It didn't occur to me that her food was the culprit and it was an easy fix for her issue. :)
Happy to hear that Walter doesn't have something serious...apparently. I'm happy you checked it out...and I'm sure he is too!
Post a Comment