Sunday, July 25, 2010

Confessions of a Road Trippin' Mama


  • Even 85 seems too slow with two whining kids in the backseat.
  • If you judged me for letting my 9 month old crawl around on the filthy, disgusting McDonald's floor after spending 2.5 hours in the carseat, I just want to tell you...you can kiss it!

  • No, Sophia...I really don't want to sing Bingo one more time, but I love you, so I'll let it happen. Again.

  • I know you want to get out of the car, but you can't.

  • No, the Bingo CD didn't really break, but c'mon, my ears were bleeding.

  • If your address has an "R" in front of it, your McDonald's should really have a Play Place. Seriously...I mean what else do you have to do in this town?
  • Poop is not a reason to stop the car. Incessant screaming? Yes, that's a good reason.

  • No. We're still not there.
  • Oh I sure did buy my non-sleeping 2 year old and her friend ice cream at 9 pm, you gotta problem with that?!


Why didn't anyone tell me that McDonald's had $0.39 kids cones before now?

germs? fecal matter? It's no worry...I brought wipes.


Sheehan and Sophia enjoying a milk at the soda counter

ah yes, more floor time. There comes a point in which your efforts become futile. Just accept and move on.


Group picture anyone?

thank heavens for the life jacket! She couldn't touch anywhere in the pool!

Eileen and Baby ?
Sorry, but I had a really terrible time telling them apart...but at least that means they are equally adorable!


Poor Leo was cordoned off into the grass...he only wanted to eat rocks on the playground




Calum and Finne
(I think!!!)

we had 2 serious golfers on our hands!

which of these things is not like the other?

They look so peaceful as they watch TV...if only that would have contained them

here they were deliriously running for the door that leads to ice cream

ah yes, this one should be submitted for mother of the year.
There is nothing like convenience store ice cream for the babies.
Did I mention it was after 9?? Yea, we rock.

Here is Sophia with Finne (I'm sure about it this time!)
She loved "helping" with the babies and ran to their aid each and every time they peeped.


Super Cute Stocco Boys!
Finne, Sheehan, and Calum


Thank goodness for Greg!
Daddies are always fun, even if it's not your own!

oh I know, I am just so cute aren't I?

:)
There was really no better picture to end our time together!
Oh, and yes...Sophia did polish off that entire plate of blueberry pancakes and bacon...by herself.
So, if you haven't figured it out yet...we went road-trippin', just the 3 of us (oh and by the way, I didn't really using my editing eye for my picture choices in this post, it was just too much fun to post them all!) In the end, it really wasn't that bad, but it sure was tiring and a bit stressful to be on my own with the two of them. Eileen, Greg and the boys were traveling to Colorado for a family vacation and since it's been almost 2 years (gasp!) since we've seen each other, we decided on an impromptu getaway to meet them in Northern Iowa for 2 days. Iowa? Really? Yes, I know, but we found a hotel with a water park and figured it was all we needed, and actually, it really was. Thank goodness Greg was there to help with my kids too because it's not like the didn't have enough of their own! The twins, Finnegan (Finne) and Calum, are just about 2.5 months and Sheehan just turned 4. We got adjoining rooms and spent almost the entire time in the pool and the hotel restaurant. It was super fun and a great way to see an old friend, however, we didn't get much time to catch up between feeding one of the three babies, and catching someone who was jumping in the pool or saving another who may have been about to go under, but at least it was something! Hopefully we can plan another reunion soon because even in just my short time I was reminded again how wonderful it is to spend time with someone who knows the real you. There are only a handful of people in my life that I feel like know the deep-down me, know my history, and can truly appreciate my sense of humor and Eileen is definitely one of them.

No comments: