Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Time Flies and Hair Grows

just born

6 months

12 months


Today!
Today is Sophia's 18 month birthday, oh how time does indeed fly! I know I have commented before on how much happens in the year of a baby (insert Rent show tune here!) but I am again struck by that fact. To look back through pictures of her and see how much she has grown and changed in such a short amount of time is truly amazing! I am also happy to report that she is finally growing in a head of hair. I feel like it's taken forever, but it's now coming at full speed! Everyday people comment on her row of curls in the back and I'm amused by how many people ask me if I curl it or specifically brush it to do that....uh no...do I have that kind of time?! I don't even take care of my own hair, people! We have no plans for her first hair cut any time soon, we'll see how mop-ish she looks by the end of summer and then reevaluate!
Every day she does things that make us laugh and smile and she is a true joy to our lives. We look forward to many more years of happiness that our children are sure to bring! She is a little monkey and is still into climbing on top of and into everything she can! She is talking up a storm and really starting to put sentences together too. Most of her sentences consist of things like I and want, which is not so surprising! ;) She also says "daddy bye-bye work?" and "Walter potty outside." She is also starting to identify her own potty, not very consistently, but I'm happy about this sign for future potty training...the time may be near!

2 comments:

Carolyn Zook said...

Aw Tori! So precious! But why does it look like she has a black eye in the 12 month picture???? :) Glad you are enjoying being a Mommy and I can't wait to meet your crew!

Tori said...

Well, that's because she did have a black eye...whoops! She and Walter had a disagreement about whether or not her entire hand belonged in his mouth...hmmm...I think he won!