Thursday, March 26, 2009

One Fine Day

My mom kept Sophia last night and that always makes for one fine morning for the momma! I was able to take a shower, check emails, and eat breakfast with no interruptions...wowser! Sophia and I had a great day together, though, and it's the first in a while where I didn't feel rushed to cram a million things into our day, although, we sort of did do that, at least it was at a more leisurely pace!
We began our morning playing in the back yard. We really have an underutilized yard. It's absolutely huge, but the problem is there is very little grass due to a combination of both a massive amount of shade and a massive amount of Walter. We'd like to get some grass to grow, but it's been a challenge. We have however, really been trying to keep it cleaned up so that Sophia and Walt can play and run around without getting hurt. We also inherited a swing set from one of the previous owners, not sure which one, but the set looks to be circa '85. It is set in the ground with very large cement blocks, so I'm not too worried about it's stability.


Sophia has taken to the big-kid swing and loves it!!!

She is very fascinated with the hose and thinks it's a snake. She hissed at it all morning long!


Peek-a-boo!


After some play time Sophia informed me that she wanted to see her "fends, momma!" So I called up Jodie, Isabelle, and Emma and we met at Starbucks for a quick refresher!


The girls took turns riding on the meter...oh so fun!



After a nap, Sophia got a special treat! Mommy was hard at work baking during her slumber!



Cookies!!!




Walter tried his hardest, but still no cookies for him!


Since Charlie had rugby practice tonight, not to mention we were going to lose him to the MU game tonight anyway, Mom took more pity on us and fed us dinner!

Sophia had her purse and was ready to go!


Didn't you say it was time to eat?



After dinner it seemed that Bama needed help cleaning her floor. It did not meet Sophia's standard of cleanliness...

there's something in here I can use...


Ah-ha! Napkins


a woman's work is never done!
Overall, the munchkin and I had a great day and we're ready for what tomorrow might bring!


1 comment:

Carolyn Zook said...

So sweet! What a great day and story! And those cookies look delicious!