Tuesday, October 2, 2007

2 weeks and counting!


Big Brother is watching!




Although, joyful, the past two weeks have been a blur! I sort of rotate blindly between my bed and the rocking chair all the while hearing the whir-pump of that blasted breast pump in the background! I still look at Sophia, however, and continue to be amazed at the sheer miracle of her existence. I am truly in awe of how beautiful and perfect she is, and how quite frighteningly, she is a product of me...



The good news is she gained weight...she is now 7lbs 6oz. They would have liked for her to gain back all her weight and be at birth weight again by two weeks, but she's pretty close. I am confident that she'll be back at her birth weight by the end of this week. We still struggle at waking her up for feeding and she is still struggling with transferring the milk, but I THINK it's getting better. I am reminded too much of myself when I see her groggily resisting wake up, putting sleep at the top of her list before everything else. She'll sleep in poopy diapers, she'll sleep hungry...she doesn't care, she just wants to sleep! Even Charlie has commented on how our sleeping patterns and mood upon wake up are strikingly similar! Yikes!



My milk supply is staying consistent, but not increasing. Soooo, I'm considering some of the pills to increase my supply. If any of you experienced moms out there have an opinion to offer up on any of the following drugs please let me know! My choices are fenugreek (herbal), Reglan, and Domperidone (both Rx).

1 comment:

Wiens/Friday Clan said...

I remember when I had Maren, I was convinced something was wrong with her because she slept all the time and in her crib. Connor on the other hand would sleep on us, but not in his crib. I don't remember having to wake her up though. I'm convinced that babies will do what they need to. They don't always adhere to the doctor's expectations. I'm thrilled that she's gaining weight. I'm sure that's a big relief to you. Sorry, I don't have any experience with the milk increasing drugs. I'll ask my sister-in-law about it (she's a labor & delivery nurse).